Are you planning on hitting the road this holiday season? If so, you will be joining tens of thousands of other Americans who are doing the same thing. It is vitally important to be safe on the road, as many other cars will be traveling to reach their family and friensd as well. Although you may be excited and anxious to reach your destination, it is important to follow basic safety precautions to avoid accident or injury to yourself or others.
AAA has provided several easy and practical safety tips for drivers to follow while reaching their holiday destinations. Please view them below or check out the original on their website, which can be found here.
- Ensure your vehicle is well-maintained. Take care to have your car and tires inspected before you take a long journey.
- Plan your road choices in advance and be prepared for busy traffic during the most popular times of the year. You may wish to consider leaving earlier or later to avoid the worst of the car congestion.
- Keep all valuables in the trunk or in a covered storage compartment.
- If you’re traveling with kids, remind them not to talk to strangers. Accompany them on their bathroom breaks and in unfamiliar areas.
- Make sure to know your roadside assistance contact information, so you will be prepared in case an incident occurs on the road.
- Always keep a cell phone and corresponding charger with you at all times. Many motor assistance companies offer smartphone applications that alllow drivers to ask for help without making a phone call.
If you have been the victim of a winter driving accident, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills and potential pain and suffering. This may include cases where other drivers failed to follow common winter driving safety procedures, such as leaving enough room between cars or failing to remove the ice and snow from their vehicles, which caused an accident. Attorney Doug Stoehr takes cases for clients who have sustained njuries due to the fault or negligence of another. For more information on his Altoona, PA area practice, please visit his website at http://www.stoehrlaw.com or call his firm at 814-946-4100.