Unfortunately, accidents do happen. Sometimes, these accidents occur as a result of equipment that has malfunctioned. Once such incident occurred recently in Mechanicsburg, PA. A young girl was swimming in a pool earlier this summer when the pool lights turned on and malfunctioned, causing her to suffer electric shock. Her family, who was quick to come to her aid, alerted first responders who came and had to resuscitate the child. Other children who were swimming in the pool did not suffer as much of a shock, which police believe may be due to the fact that the injured girl may have been grounded by a metal ladder. At the time of the news article, the child was in critical care in an area hospital and we send out best wishes out to her.
Some countries are stepping up to the plate to when it comes to keeping their citizens safe while driving! In a recent article, the United Kingdom's new system to protect used car buyers was discussed. The program, which is a collaboration between multiple organizations, consists of a Vehicle Safety Recall tool that allows car buyers to see if a particular model has been recalled before they purchase a car that is potentially unsafe. Currently, this Safety Recall tool doesn't cover all car brands, only those brands who have agreed to participate in the service.