- Read the labels and make sure the toy you've picked is actually appropriate for your child's age, cognitive level, and level of mobility.
- When gifting riding toys, always include helmets and padding with the gift.
- Don't give small children any gifts involving magnets!
- Research the toy online to find reviews, tips, and warnings from other consumers. Sometimes, word of mouth is the best way to find out whether a toy is safe or not.
- Unsure about whether a toy is safe or not? Skip purchasing it and choose something else that you don't have reservations about.
- Beware of low-cost products. In many cases, you get what you pay for
- Want to learn more about from last year's annual CSPC Toy Report? Click this link for the full document!
In an effort to address all-terrain vehicle (ATV) use, injury, and death, our law firm gathered information from a February 2013 report compiled by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). This report provided a picture of the frequency and severity of accidents surrounding American ATV users in the past twenty or so years.