Financial Recovery for Seriously Injured People
Serious injuries can change a life forever, and sometimes those changes require costly long-term medical care. Our law firm is devoted to securing the maximum possible compensation for clients who have suffered a personal injury because of someone else’s negligence. We can determine if one or multiple parties face liability for your accident, and pursue litigation to secure an appropriate insurance settlement for your injuries.
A Spectrum of Serious Injury
At Douglas V. Stoehr, Attorney at Law, we treat each case individually, taking into consideration the specifics of each injury and the likely prognosis and treatment needed. Some of these injuries include:
- Cervical spine injuries. Spinal stenosis is an injury in which the spinal column narrows, pinching the spinal cord and leading to pain and other symptoms. An accident that fractures or dislocates the spinal column can cause these injuries.
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries. This is an injury to a ligament in the knee that connects the upper leg to the lower leg. Slip-and-fall accidents or falls from a ladder can result in ACL injuries.
- Compartment syndrome of the foot. A crush injury can cause this syndrome, where pressure inside the membrane-compartmentalized foot gets so great that surgical intervention is required.
- Herniated disk. Blunt trauma can cause this injury, whereby the soft material inside the disks that cushion the spine protrudes outside the harder outer casing.
- Lisfranc (midfoot) injury. This is an injury to an arch of bones at the top of your foot. When these bones are broken or the ligaments injured, it can cause a foot to become flat, or may contribute to arthritis.
- Rotator cuff injuries. This is an injury to the muscles or tendons around the shoulder joint that may result in pain, lack of flexibility and arm weakness.
- Spondylolisthesis. Blunt trauma can cause this injury, whereby a vertebra is displaced in a forward or backward position within the spinal column.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI). Head trauma causes this injury, which results in internal swelling and bleeding when a blunt force strikes the head. The blunt force causes the brain to collide with the inside of the skull, sometimes several times as it moves back and forth within the skull.
- Whiplash. Car accidents and other types of accidents that involve sudden force can cause whiplash, an injury in which bones, muscles and other parts of the neck get displaced, and can cause disruptions in blood flow and nerve impulses.
- Cervical discectomy. This procedure removes a disk from the cervical spine, thus alleviating pressure on the nerve bundle. This procedure may be necessary for people who have been in a car accident, or who have slipped and fallen and herniated a disk.
Contact a Lawyer Who Won’t Let You Get Shortchanged
To schedule a free initial consultation with Attorney Douglas V. Stoehr, contact our Altoona, PA, law firm by calling 814-946-4100. Home and hospital visits can be arranged. Evening and weekend hours are available for your convenience. We serve clients in Blair County, and throughout western and central Pennsylvania, including Duncansville.