Unfortunately, accidents do happen. Sometimes, these accidents occur as a result of equipment that has malfunctioned. Once such incident occurred recently in Mechanicsburg, PA. A young girl was swimming in a pool earlier this summer when the pool lights turned on and malfunctioned, causing her to suffer electric shock. Her family, who was quick to come to her aid, alerted first responders who came and had to resuscitate the child. Other children who were swimming in the pool did not suffer as much of a shock, which police believe may be due to the fact that the injured girl may have been grounded by a metal ladder. At the time of the news article, the child was in critical care in an area hospital and we send out best wishes out to her.
As consumers, we must always be on alert for defective products. Here are some tips to prevent you and your loved ones from falling victim to product liability:
- Research products before you buy them
- Beware of low-cost products – you get what you pay for
- Purchase products from companies with an established reputation
- Know your product’s warranty and guarantees
Attorney Doug Stoehr is a personal injury lawyer serving Blair and the seven surrounding counties in central Pennsylvania. He takes cases for product liability and defective products. For more information on his Altoona, PA area firm, please call his office at 814-515-9074 or visit his website at www.stoehrlaw.com.
Original article can be found here: