Unfortunately, accidents do happen. Sometimes, these accidents occur as a result of equipment that has malfunctioned. Once such incident occurred recently in Mechanicsburg, PA. A young girl was swimming in a pool earlier this summer when the pool lights turned on and malfunctioned, causing her to suffer electric shock. Her family, who was quick to come to her aid, alerted first responders who came and had to resuscitate the child. Other children who were swimming in the pool did not suffer as much of a shock, which police believe may be due to the fact that the injured girl may have been grounded by a metal ladder. At the time of the news article, the child was in critical care in an area hospital and we send out best wishes out to her.